Wednesday, August 11, 2010

stop

Do you know how to stop? I do and yesterday, I stopped.

I've been working all week for a couple of months already. I also go to the gym and run in the sports complex or in the roads at least 3 times a week. I also do yoga twice a week. At home, I don't have a helper; I cook and clean. I also try to squeeze as much time as I can to spend time with friends. When I get a free time, I watch the TiVo, check FB and chat with friends. My average sleep is 4 hours. Most of the time, because I've got no time at all, I just eat granola bars while on transit. Gahd, just enumerating my activities makes me tired already.

I thought, I was healthy. I was eating healthy stuff. Froyo is my favorite snack, my usual breakfast is cereals or oatmeal and milk, my usual lunch and dinner is boiled potato marbles with tuna and cheese or salad or fruit medley. I don't consume empty calories and everything that is "unhealthy". I'm the usual health-buff you see in the grocery who reads the nutrition facts and believe me, I do know how to read the thing. I also exercise on a regular basis. I take multivitamins daily. I had my flu shot. I thought all these would make me sickness-proof but I was wrong.

Since time in memorial, I've been underweight and I know that's unhealthy but I really never felt that I was malnourished. I don't feel that being underweight is a problem because I feel as healthy and strong as Manny Pacquiao (whatever that feels like. haha!) Maybe, I'm just naturally 'light', maybe there are really people who weighs light but are still as healthy as can be.

Last week, I got an email from our office's clinic saying that based on the Annual Physical Exam, I am sick and I need to see the doctor asap. So I channeled Superman and went to the doctor and discussed about my so-called sickness. I decided, I'll take the prescription but the "sickness" is nothing that can stop me.

Lately, I've been feeling really tired but I found out that only when I slow down did I feel tired. So, I always push myself to be on-the-go so I can do everything in my plate. Then, I realized that I become tired more and more over a short period of time but I still pushed through. I told myself, IT's only in my mind. I don't think there's anything wrong in pushing yourself to accomplish things but I also think that one has to know when to stop.

Yesterday, I was feeling really tired. I haven't worked out that much in the gym. In fact, I felt like I haven't worked out at all. I was always excited to go to the yoga class but although I was in the class very early, I opted to just watch them. I was uninspired. I was really really tired. I went around the mall but I still couldn't get myself to feel excited. I ate sweets which I've been staying away from since the nutritionist says so but I still didn't feel "happy". So I went home. Hit the bed.

I woke up two hours before work and prep. In the shower, I already felt that my knees are getting weak and my whole body is very heavy. I don't know if it was lack of potassium of just plain over-fatigue. I was still able to get myself to ride the jeep but I decided to go home instead. I contacted my boss to tell him that I couldn't go to work. Then, I slept.

So yes, I know how to stop. I just don't know when. Hopefully next time, it's not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment