Sunday, August 15, 2010

bikini-ready

Unless you're a boy or a Victoria's Secret Angel, you're probably obsessing about being bikini-ready days before you head-off to the beach. I'll be going to the beach tomorrow and I'm freakin' out!!! I love eating and I can't work out the past few days because I'm sickly so you can imagine how much worried I am. Oh well, I think I will never be bikini-ready no matter what I do anyways and I'll be alone on my vacay so I might as well take a deep breath and just accept my figure.

Anyways, I have far more important things to do before my flight (ooppssy daisy, that sounded like I'm going very far away like St. Regis Bora Bora. haha!) I have to print my e-ticket. Look for my passport cos my other IDs were stolen. Get waxed. Shop for travel essentials. Pack. Gahd, I love going on trips!!!

I may not be bikini-ready but I'll forever be travel-ready and beach-ready. I used to travel a lot and beaches are my favorite destination so I know what my travel essentials are by heart. Lookie at these pictures. :)


You can't go out the door without a first aid kit. I bought mine at Mercury Drugstore and it's a cheap-o compared to the usual first aid kit available at travel shops. I added medicine that I would usually take like Citirizine which I take for allergies, Advil, Alaxan FR and so on and so forth. Most of the time, my first aid kit remains untouched but I still consider it a must-have because you'll never know when emergency will happen. You have to be a girl or boy scout whenever you, a travel buddy or just anyone might need medical help. Place it in the most accessible place in your bag so it's easy to reach during emergencies.


Now on to a much more exciting part, kikay stuff! Aside from the usual shampoo and conditioner, you also need these. And whether you are a boy or a girl, you need all the stuff above. I swear!

Sunblock - We all know that sun rays are not good for the skin so you need to bring sunblock, the higher the SPF, the better. I use Hawaian Tropics Baby Faces SPF 50 for my face and a much stronger Hawaian Tropics Ozone SPF 70 for the rest of my body.

Lip Balm - Your lips also needs sun protection. Did you know that cancer that starts from the lips are faster to spread? So use that stick and pucker up! Mine is Blistex Lip Tone with SPF15. I love it because aside from being a sun protection, it has a touch of color that makes the lips a lot more sexy. It's cheap too!

Body oil - For that much-needed 'oomph' in your beach pictures, you need to slather your bod with oil. Haha! But more than that, oil keeps your skin moisturized while you're out in the sun. I use Nivea Sun Oil spray. Very convenient to use and it's been tried and tested.

After-sun moisturizer - You loose skin moisture after basking in the sun so to replenish, you need this. I use Nivea Cooling After Sun Spray which is also convenient to use and very effective.

Insect Repellent - You wouldn't know if you'll get viruses/diseases due to insect bites so you need to avoid that. I myself is allergic to ant bite (weird, ey?) so I never travel without Off Overtime. Its protection last for 8 hours so you don't need to put on it every now and then.

Hand Sanitizer - You're always out when on a vacay and God knows what kind of germs you get from playing outside so before you take that big bite, sanitize. I use Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer in pocket size. Convenient to carry around and smells yum-yum!

Gum - You can't bring your toothbrush and toothpaste while going around so to have a fresh breath after you binge, chew a gum. Mine's aptly named, Glee Gum from Healthy Options.

Body Spray - Sometimes, because of the different scents of all the sun protection and moisturizer that you put on, you don't smell good afterall. So after everything, I spray on Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber. It's a brand that I've been using for ages; cheap but the smell lasts long. As for the scent, I'm partial to sexy scents because I was never sexy so I put an effort to at least smell sexy. Haha!

Deodorodant - Well, this is just a reminder. I hate to say this but I always, always smell body odor whenever I travel. Please don't forget to use a deo. You go out, play, gay it up and sweat. No matter how baby smelling you are in the confines of your air conditioned homes and offices, it's a different story when you are out and don't have a choice but sweat. Mine is Rexona which was a freebie at Rexona run which I joined this month.

Ear plugs - You are on vacay and if you are sleep deprieved like I am, then invest on ear plugs and sleep your heart away. I love to see the sun rise so while everbody is partying at night, I hit the bed early and put on my ear plugs so I wouldn't hear the party animals. I know that these are hard to find but you can buy ear plugs at Rustan's. I bought mine from there, Hearros is the brand name. Mine's Sleep Pretty in Pink but they also have ones in neutral color.

I hope this helps in your next travel. Have fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment